First and foremost, the doctors and staff at the Boght and Oakwood Veterinary Clinics would like to thank you for all of your patience and understanding during the past few months of curbside service. We fully understand that it was not an ideal situation, and there were certainly some hiccups along the way. However, we felt that curbside service was the best way to continue to serve you, and keep our invaluable employees safe and healthy.
After a great deal of consideration, research, and conversation among our staff we have agreed to allow our clients back into the building. We ask that you carefully read the following procedures. If you have any questions or concerns please call either the Boght Veterinary Clinic at 518-785-0718 or the Oakwood Veterinary Clinic at 518-874-1718. If you are unable to comply with the policies for any reason, or would simply prefer it, you will be able to wait in your car while your pet is treated in our building.
All of the following policies and procedures are subject to change. Again, our first priority is the health and safety of our clients and staff.
If you are bringing a pet to our offices we require the following:
- Only 1 person is allowed inside per appointment
- You MUST wear a mask for the duration of your time inside the building, and whenever in contact with a staff member, including check-in from your car. If a staff member asks you to put on a mask or correctly place a mask, please do so. If you do not, you will be asked to leave.
- If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask for the duration of your visit, we will require you to wait outside.
- Please remain seated or in the designated area behind the sneeze guard for the duration of your visit.
- There will be no public bathroom access for the duration of your appointment.
1. Follow the signs for check-in when you arrive. A staff member will greet you at your vehicle to check you in for your appointment, go through our health questionnaire, and give you a pager.
2. Once we have an exam room clean and ready for you, we will notify you via pager. Please bring your pet and your pager to the entrance.
3. An assistant will meet you at the door. You will drop off your pager, sanitize your hands, and have a contact-free temperature check before following the assistant to an exam room. Please refrain from touching doorknobs, light switches, etc.
4. Once in the exam room, please remain seated and within your designated area throughout the duration of your appointment.
5. The assistant will obtain a history on your pet and confirm the reason for your appointment. They will then bring your pet into our treatment area while you remain in the exam room (please keep your mask in place while waiting).
6. A doctor will examine your pet and perform any treatments you are here for.
7. Following their exam, the doctor and assistant will return to the exam room with your pet to discuss their exam and recommendations.
8. Once your appointment is complete, the assistant or a receptionist will obtain your payment. The assistant will then escort you back outside at the conclusion of your appointment.
- Follow the signs for check-in when you arrive. A staff member will greet you at your vehicle to check you in for your appointment, go through our health questionnaire, and give you a pager.
- When a technician is ready to check your pet in for their procedure, you will be notified via pager. When your pager goes off, please bring your pet and pager to the entrance.
- A technician will meet you at the door. You will drop off your pager and sanitize your hands. The technician will go over our check-in sheets and give you any relevant instructions regarding your pet’s stay with us today.
- The technician will then bring your pet into the hospital for their procedure. You will return to your car.
- Follow the signs for check-in when you arrive. A staff member will greet you at your vehicle to give you a pager.
- The procedure for your pet’s discharge will depend on what they had done today and whether your discharge will be with a doctor or a technician.
- Upon check-in, a staff member will collect payment. Most often payment is collected when you call to verify that your pet is ready to be picked up.
- For most discharges, you will be notified via the pager you received at check-in when your pet is ready for discharge. You will then meet the technician and your pet at the designated discharge door.
- The technician will go over all necessary instructions regarding your pet’s aftercare following their stay with us.
- For some discharges that require more detailed instructions or a discussion with the doctor, you will be notified via pager when an exam room is clean and ready for you.
- An assistant or technician will meet you at the door and accompany you to the exam room. Please refrain from touching doorknobs, light switches, etc. You will be asked to sign off on our screening questions, have a contact-free temperature taken, and disinfect at our hand sanitizing station.
- Once in the exam room, please remain seated and within your designated area throughout the duration of your appointment.
- The technician or doctor will then come into the exam room to go over all instructions or review X-Rays with you.